Originary from Quebec City area, Caroline is a aerial and equestrian circus artist, as well as a dancer and a Pilates instructor. She got her training with Masters in Montreal, France, Argentina and New York in aerial and equestrian acrobatics. She performed as a dancer and circus performer in events in Quebec, Ontario, USA and Europe. Her pluridisciplinary approach gave Caroline the opportunity to get involved into dance and circus projects and it’s in these fields where she is interested on continuing to evolve.
It was an interesting interview with many tips and different topics about aerial arts, horse acrobatics and performing.
Photo: Anne-Marie Poirier
Here is a small list of things we talked about in the interview.
- Tips about acrobatics on the horses. Where to study horse acrobatics. What to consider when performing on horses and what is a difference between aerial performance and that one on horse.
- Tips for partner acrobatics in aerials.
- New ideas of creating a choreography.
- Great tips for choosing the music.
- How does it works for an aerialist to have a baby.
- Recovering from injury. Precautions and tips.
- Tips for training in a healthy way.
- Pilates for balance in aerial arts.
- Aerial silks and aerial hoop, or in combination.
Here are the places Caroline talked about in the interview:
École de cirque de Québec
Caserne comunautary Center
Cirqus ( training space in Montreal)
Luna Caballera (where people can train horse acrobatics in Quebec)
Photo: Dave Vézina